Here’s our top five reasons why buying a new home versus an older is a wise choice.
- Peace of mind – New builds come with a number of protections in place including a standard 10-year structural NHBC Warranty, and in addition, some housebuilders offer additional reassurances. We also provide an additional two-year warranty.
- High-quality design and specification – our new homes are fitted with a range of high specification and modern features, thereby negating the need to allocate a pot of money for upgrades or repair work often associated with an older property. If reserved at the right point in the build cycle, homeowners may also be able to influence some aspects, such as the kitchen and bathroom.
- Energy efficiency – built with the most up-to-date features and materials, new homes are considerably more energy-efficient than older properties meaning energy bills can be up to 50% cheaper.
- Multiple ways to buy – many new homes can be purchased through a number of different schemes available which are exclusive to just new build properties – one example of this is the Help to Buy Equity Loan.
- Smoother and easier process – with no upward chain, purchasing a new build home is often a much easier process and we are committed to creating a reliable and excellent customer service experience, supporting our purchasers every step of the way.
It’s easy to see why new build homes are such a popular option – if you’re interested in living in beautiful East Devon, be sure to have a look at Goodmores, our scheme coming soon to Exmouth.